Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Party

Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Themed party! I searched for a long time for Ideas for this party and not many people have done much with this that I could find yet.  I had to do this party and for cheap so I made all my decorations after a lot of time and effort. Paint and cardboard were my main materials. The dollar store came in very handy.
Above was my sweets table. I painted rocks in a blue Oogie Boogie theme. I also painted a purple sheet as my backdrop, however the paint I used proved very difficult and caused a lot of error in it.  dollar store mini battery light candles were everywhere that night and I had a forest themed backdrop that surrounded the room.  I melted chocolate in the form of skeletons and put them brownies to look like they were coming out of the dirt. I also had nightmare before christmas character cake pops i ordered off etsy that were delicious!.











Like I said before most of my decorations were made with cardboard, glue, and paint. my Oogie Boogie light was a cardboard box in the corner, made to look like him on the moon and backlit by a flashlight.  The tree I put handpanted doors on like from the movie to choose the land you would like to enter.

1 comment:

  1. Also my snake was a dollar tree moving snake that i added material that i made to and stuffed. He moved when people walked by. My main colors were purple and orange. my bartop was made of cardboard and painted with pattern themes from the movie.

    ReplyDelete